Saturday, January 1, 2011

Let's wrap this day up!

Hello Again,

Well,  I have been working about 3 hours or so on the living room dining area. Found about a huge garbage bag full of dirty clothes of my son's spread all over along with with the other evidence of his existence in the room.  But, one load is in the washer already and I will let him work on washing the rest of them this week after school and ensure he puts them up in his room!  I ordered some of those space bags online that you vacuum and they get really small. I hope they really work. I am counting on it!

Okay, here's the low down.

House --  worked 3 hours on the living room and dining room area.  Definitely not complete. However, I did get the dining room table cleared off. So, no more mail, no more craft stuff...no more junk. Just the wrinkled table cloth and a candle arrangement and 2 place mats.  This may not look like any major accomplishment...however, you know not whence I came! :) Just trust me....I am happy with that.


Now what you can't see which I am not going to show you is that there are crates around the table piled high full of "stuff" that I have sorted through and still think I "NEED" so I get to this point and go, NOW WHAT?  I don't know where to put them. This house is not as big as it looks. But, the good news is as I go along each time I sort, I throw out more. So, what was 5 crates is 4 now.  What was 4 is 3 and I am hoping to keep going in this fashion until I am whittling down to the bare necessities.  So, look beyond the wrinkles on the table cloth and let me celebrate this small victory.

In true Francisco fashion, as I put anything remotely useful in the black trash bag, I hear that voice inside of me, "Oh, I could use that for...." or "My Mom would want that....." or "Look, at all this $$ I am throwing away...."  But I am biting my tongue and in it goes and tie it shut and quickly call for Kyle to take it outside!
My Dad and Grandmother are probably rolling over in their graves now...thinking they taught me better.  But, I have to cast away the old and try to create the new in many ways this year, day by day.  So, keep tuned. 

Kyle -- Well, I am not doing real good in this area today.  I get stressed when I try to clean out and throw away and find things he's broken or trash he has repeatedly left on the floor, etc.....I won't air ALL our dirty laundry! But, when I get stressed, I yell, more than usual, he shuts down, things don't go well.  I'm trying. It's just day one. I promise to do better tomorrow. I promise, Kyle, I do.  When I get off here we will go get something to eat and maybe a treat of some kind for his help.  Small steps! Our relationship is the most important thing to me. So, sometimes I let too much slide, or sometimes I am too strict. I am trying to find the balance, son. But, know there's nothing but love for you, nothing but!

Health -- I haven't eaten anything today and that probably isn't a good thing. So, I need to get some healthy food. We need to go Christmas shopping. My cleaning will have to be my movement today. We'll do better tomorrow in this area. 

God -- I have read Day of my Reading Plan. So, we are off to a good start.

Financial -- Well, I am not doing anything active in this area today except home and not out spending anymore money  that will take away from my savings or my goal to pay off bills. So, that's a good thing.  More stuff = more clutter so we don't need that.  But, I am going to invest in some organizing shelves or something.

Well, I have made progress today and that is SUCCESS in my book!

Thanks for checking in and keeping me on track! :)

Blessings,

Dina

No comments: