Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a New Year! and I have resolutions!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I'ts January 1, 2011.  That seems so surreal. I can remember when the year 2000 seemed like fantasy.  I remember figuring out that meant I would be 37 years old when that year came around. Well, we're past that age now, aren't we? That seemed so old and so far away.  AWW numbers....wonderful things aren't they?  The sand is passing through. Sadly, I am getting to the age that parents, siblings, friends and their parents will pass on from this earth. I do not do well with death. I should be better with the losses...I've had many, and I know for the most part that most people I know are believers and have faith that they are now in the heavenly realms with our Heavenly Father. However, I still grieve and mourn greatly with each loss.  I guess my heart is heavy right now, as a dear friend, Sue, who I went to LCC with in 1981-1983 is in her final hours/days in a hospice. Cancer has consumed her body and she is ending her fight. I pray God, for peace, for her, her family, her friends. I pray for comfort for her that only YOU can give. God give it to her quickly and please take away her pain. Only you know if that is on this side of the heavens. I know if you wanted or it was in your plan, God, that you could heal her, you have done far greater and far lesser miracles, and if that is in your will, I know you can. But whatever, your will, Father, bring her peace and take away her pain. AMEN

Well, I have decided to revive this blog. It's a little dusty. But I have some goals for 2011 with an Action Plan for each one of them. I figure the more that I make them "public", the more I am going to follow them. But nonetheless, I am still going to chronicle my journey this year on this blog.

Here's my resolutions!


New Year’s Resolutions
2011

Area

Resolution

Action Plan

Status

House

I will have my house in order by the end of the year.

I will improve my house every (most) day in some way, e.g. load of laundry, sort out a basket and discard items, give things away



Kyle

I will work to have a positive relationship with my son.

We will have one activity a week of “fun” together, no matter what is going on otherwise.



God

I will grow closer to God through this year.

I will attend Church and make relationships that help me with this goal.  I will read through the Bible in 2011.



Financial

I will continue to improve my financial status.

I will have all credit cards paid off by the end of 2011 or sooner.



Health

I will improve my health this year.

I will lose at least 60 pounds by the end of 2011.
I will work out at least 2x per week.



I could probably work on some more but this will get me started, just a little bit! :)
Here's some tools I am going to use.  I am going to track my weight/health stuff on http://www.weightwatchers.com/ I have been using it since this summer.  I hav sort of "fell off the wagon" but I am getting back on. I had gained maybe 3 lbs back of what I lost the first part of the year, but thanks to the flu, I lost 5 pounds over the break so it's a jumpstart back into my regiment.  That's good though, it's motivational!  Plus the several pairs of pants I can't quite fit into yet that I bought on clearance already anticipating this....so I am doing this!!!!  I put an average of 5 pounds a month. They say to lose in a healthy way you should lose 2 lbs. a week. Well, I decided that if I make my goal to be 1 per week plus 1 more per month, I should be able to obtain that. If I lose more, it's even better.

I am also using this tool  www.youversion.com/  to help me keep on track for my Bible Reading.  It's way cool.  Go check it out!

But I am looking for successes this year and redefining what those successes are in order to have them. Sounds really good, today is Day 1...I hope this blog will help me keep going.  I really don't have any readers on this blog yet, but you never know. If I can motivate myself, fantastic....but if there is someone else I can motivate...even better!
Well, this is my crazy little plan for the year.  I will keep you updated!
Okay here's my 2011 beginning picture. What would it be without this! :)


My son and I at my sister's for Christmas

I will get cleaned up today and have my son take a picture of me standing full face.  But this is still okay for a starting reference!  I'm working on my house and I am not presentable for the world just yet, not even my blog that no one else is reading.  Someone might happen upon it.

Many blessings!

Dina

No comments: